- This event has passed.
- There were no results found.
Towards a digital single market: the European Commission strategy
06/08/2015 @ 12:30 - 14:00
The European Commission announced its strategy for the digital single market in early May. The policy programme will focus on three areas:
1.Better access for consumers and businesses to digital goods and services
2. Building an environment for digital networks and services to flourish
3. Creating a true European digital economy and society with long-term growth potential
In an open exchange of views Andrus Ansip, European Commission vice-president responsible for the digital single market, will present the strategy and participate in a debate with experts and guests.
– Andrus Ansip, vice-president for the digital single market, European Commission
– Göran Marby, director-general, International Telecommunication Union
– Scott Marcus, internet technology and policy adviser
– Mario Mariniello, research fellow, Bruegel
– Further speakers to be confirmed
The European Commission’s plans for a digital single market.
Mario Mariniello’s initial reaction to the proposals.
Mario’s September 2013 Memo To The Commissioner For The Digital Agenda
Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
Time: 12.30-1400 (lunch served at 13.45)
Contact: Bryn Watkins