- This event has passed.
- There were no results found.
Cloud, Big Data and Education: unleashing the potential of ICT-enhanced learning
03/10/2015 @ 08:30 - 10:00
In 2013, the European Commission has set ‘a European agenda for stimulating high-quality, innovative ways of learning and teaching through new technologies and digital content’. Indeed, ‘Opening up education’ proposes actions towards more open learning environments to deliver education of higher quality and efficacy and thus, contribute to the Europe 2020 goals of boosting EU competitiveness and growth through better skilled workforce and more employment. The ICT industry has been happy to answer this call with a heavy diet of cloud services and big data. This particular workshop provides an opportunity to check where we stand in this respect and to probe the Commission’s views on how ‘Opening up education’ has fared two years on. As usual, the subsequent debate will allow you to voice your own perspective or concern under Chatham House rules.
– Konstantin D. A. Scheller, Policy Officer – Innovation in education: Digital Technologies, OER, Copyright, European Commission
– Fabrice Moizan, Vice President, Cloud and Education, EMEA, Nvidia
– Fabien Schmitz, CEO, Gayatech
– Alexa Joyce, Director, Education Policy, Teaching & Learning, Microsoft
– John Higgins, Director General, DIGITALEUROPE.